There is only one you.
You are unique.
Made specifically by God in your mothers womb (Psalms 139).
You are a gift from God.
The first gift God gave you was you!
How are you treating yourself?
Are you maintaining your frame?
Are you eating healthy and exercising?
Are you practicing self-care?
Self-care is loving and liking yourself mind, body, and spirit. Self-care is the maintenance, and enhancement of the temple of God, your body.
Just know this. Regardless of the lies you were told growing up or even are hearing now, you are very special and deserve to love and like yourself. You should be having a love affair with yourself because if no one else on the planet is showing you love, you are showing yourself love. In the bible it tells you tell to love your neighbor as you love yourself. Most people focus on the love thy neighbor part. The key to the scripture is
love thyself. You can't give love if you don't know love. You can only give like. And there is a difference between liking and loving. Liking makes you loyal to something or someone and you are using your brain to process these emotions. Loving makes you feel with your heart, mind, body and spirit. It is unconditional, it goes the extra mile and takes you into the type of love that God feels for you. Jesus asked us to do one thing because he wanted us to feel what he felt for us. Jesus also loved himself. How do I know? In order to love us so well and unconditionally give of himself, he had to first love himself unconditionally. He could only give to us what he was able to give to himself. Do you want to see your life improve, relationships be better and you be happier? Make sure you are loving all of yourself as best you can. At the bottom of this blog I have included a self-inventory. This self-inventory is designed for you to reflect on the positive attributes that you have so that you can start the process of loving yourself, to think about your future and the legacy you want to leave behind.
1. List Three Physical Attributes that you like about yourself.
2. List two personality traits that you are happy you have.
3. List three skills, talents or gifts that you have
4. If you had a t-shirt that described you, what would it say?
5. If you had the choice of doing one particular thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6. Close your eyes for a few moments and visualize something that would make you very happy at this time in your life, please write it down.
7.What is the one thing you really like about the person you call your best friend?
8. Do you possess the same quality that you listed in #7?
9. If you could instantly change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
10. What is the one thing people say to you, about how you impact them most frequently and do you agree or disagree? Why
11. What would you like people to remember most about you when it is all said and done? What is the legacy you want to leave behind?
From this formula, one legacy I hope you leave behind is that you did what Jesus Christ asked you to do: that you Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.And second Love your neighbor as yourself.
If you enjoyed this passage, I encourage you to get your copy of the book.This was an excerpt from my book Cyber Hustle available in my store at
https://www.ladycharmaineday.com/store/p31/Cyber_Hustle_by_Lady_Charmaine_Day.html, on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
I pray that you have been blessed by this blog post and that God blesses you with hope and peace of mind in the name of Jesus Christ, according to Luke 1:37 "For with God nothing shall be impossible!!!" Amen. Until next time, take care of yourself and stay special!!!
Pastor, Unlimited Help On-Line Ministry