I went to work as an Human Resources Executive.
I wanted a position in business where I could study a business and it's procedures so that I could gain knowledge to create my own business.
I have worked for some of the best Fortune 50 companies and non-profits over the course of 20 years. At every company that I worked for, I made sure that I scheduled and had a meeting with the CEO of the company. During this meeting I would ask them to tell me how they started the company. What lessons did they learn. Where did they see their business going in the future. What would they do differently.
These conversations were invaluable.
They helped me see that CEO's develop formulas to create products and services for business. They also use formulas to govern their personal life.
What is a formula?
A method, statement or procedure for achieving something.
(e.g. the soft drink company closely guards it's secret formula)
What are today's formulas to be successful in this fast paced world?
In this book I will share with you the 11 formulas I have created to run my business and personal life. The first 5 Formulas are a how to guide on how to navigate social media and create an on-line business. The second 6 formulas are pearls of wisdom I have learned and implemented on how to love and take care of yourself, how to have good mental health, how to achieve personal growth, reminders for love and romance and how to be happy. These formulas have helped me achieve both professional and personal success for over 16 years. I pray that the information contained in the following pages blesses you.
On-line Business and Social Media Marketing
What do you need to create an on-line business? Today you need the following:
- Business card
- Facebook Fan page
- Google Map presence for a physical location
- Cell Phone
- Computers: Both PC and MAC. Run your business from your MAC
Set up your business so that you can run and manage your operations from your cell phone.
What is social media marketing?
Social media marketing refers to the process of gaining traffic or attention through social media sites. My personal belief is that it is a way to brand yourself. It also allows you to have advertising and marketing of your website and app. It allows you to have a direct connect from you to your clients. I have always felt that it evens the playing field between small business and big businesses.
How do you get clients, following and fans from social media?
How do you stand out from others selling similar products and services as you?
How do you profit from it and make a business out of it?
You do so by implementing the following:
- Build your brand. A brand is who you represent yourself to the world.
- Give and build with champagne and caviar quality
- Be courteous
- Follow up with all clients
- Walk the talk
- Lead by example
- Be genuine and authentic
- Build with the end in mind
- Legacy. Create with leaving your legacy in mind
- Invite people into your world and they will come in
- Keep in mind that a delay is not a denial but a greater delivery. It takes time to create a business. Build it and they will come
What is a burning platform? Imagine that you are standing on a mountain at the edge. All of sudden the ground underneath you begins to catch on fire and burn. You have no choice but to move.
Burning platforms literally force you into action where previously you wanted to move but hadn't.
What is your burning platform? Knowing what is motivating you into action will help you see clearly to move forward.
My approach from my own burning platform and how you can build your brand on social media are the following:
- CYA- cover your ass. Be self revealing. Be self disclosing. Carefully manage what information is on-line and in the public. The best way to do that is to write a book and reveal all of your skeletons yourself in your book.
- Pick a communication vehicle and excel at it. I chose television and radio. Out of the two I decided to focus on radio.
- Create a unique name and then brand your name across all social media: Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Google +
- Determine how many followers on social media is significant to you. Recognize that it is not about quantity but quality. 10 Loyal and dedicated fans/followers that translates into paying clients is significant because they are putting money in your pocket and helping you to keep the roof over your head.
- Have a good reason for people to buy from you by answering the WIIFM (What's In It For Me) client question . You attract clients by giving them free information that will help them in some way. I give away free information in my app, radio show and blog.
- Remember people buy from people they think they know. People get to know you or the you that you portray by what you post on social media.
- Go with the best suppliers. There is value in supporting local businesses and your own country.
- Sell high quality products.
- Offer a range of products that you sell so that you appeal to a broad niche of people.
- Have a niche (a unique approach)
- Have a targeted clientele.
- Create and implement a vision, mission and value statement for your business.
- Create and implement across all social media platforms and online a tagline/catch phrase that is based on your vision, mission or value statement.
- Use excellent professional photography
- Use excellent professional video
- Use excellent professional audio
- If you can, create a new industry. In 2000 the industry that I created that hadn't previously existed which was christian consulting and on-line ministry
- If you can, create new terms for roles that you implement. I created the term christian consultant.
- Always be professional.
- Always give excellent customer service.
- Implement a 24 hour rule to respond to clients.
- Pick a schedule and stick to it.
- Implement and use effective time management skills. Keep a paper calendar as well as your phone calendar.
- Implement and keep good records.
- Health is wealth. Keep yourself in the best condition; mind, body and spirit.
- Evolve and transform over time.
- Anticipate trends.
- Keep abreast of technology.
- Keep the kid in you alive.
- Implement stress management.
- Have active daily living rituals/habits. Plan your day. Make appoints.
- Implement a back up plan that thinks best case scenarios and worst case scenarios.
- Do a S.W.O.T. Analysis: strength, weakness, opportunity and threats
- Budget. Recognize that money makes money.
- Embrace that you are a CEO of yourself and implement a CEO mentality 24/7, 365. I recommend to my CEO clients that they look like money so that they can make money and to do that by buying expensive clothes and jewelry. Also to keep their mind sharp and alert by having a hobby and doing games. To put subtitles on their television to increase their vocabulary.
- Read your Bible and pray everyday.
So on-line business concept:
You are the subject matter expert on yourself and what you know. By now, you should have amassed a body of knowledge in your field of expertise. The on-line business that you can create is a consulting business and being a published author.
2 products that you can sell on-line: Consultation and Book.
The key to the consulting business is to have excellent suppliers of your products.
The suppliers that I use are:
- website: www.weebly.com
- app: www.biznessapps.com
- business cards: www.gotprint.com
- book/printer: www.tps1.com
- photography: www.snapfish.com
- radio: www.blogtalkradio.com
- television: www.youtube.com and public access television (Bronxnet in the Bronx and TimeWarner Cable in Manhattan).
Excerpt from Cyber Hustle by Lady Charmaine Day. To read the rest of the book, please show your support and get your copy today!!! Available in the store at www.ladycharmaineday.com, on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
Until next time, take care of yourself and stay special!!!
Pastor, Unlimited Help Online Ministry